Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dislocated rib remedy

Customer Question

dislocated rib remedy
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't provide my email address, which is***@******.***. I'm staying online so I can get the answer. I can wait for about 20 minutes
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Usually, replacing the rib in anatomic location is the primary treatment for a dislocated rib. However, if you are having recurrent dislocations of the rib, then it would be appropriate to undergo physical therapy and strengthening exercises to support the rib cage.

If the rib continue to dislocate, then there should be consideration of whether there has been more serious damage to the rib cage and ligaments. It is rare that surgery is needed for a dislocated rib, but if it continues to recur despite physical therapy, then it may be necessary to consider surgery.