Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I noticed tonight I have like red dots that look like small

Customer Question
I noticed tonight I...

I noticed tonight I have like red dots that look like small blood clots. Once in a while I would notice one and goes away, but tonight I saw like 10 very small ones on right breast and few on left with one little bigger. Then saw I have one on stomach and right side trunk, left leg also. I don't understand. I had blood work for physical last month and all good. What can this be? I awym uploading a pic to see what they look like. They are small, but many and never had like this.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
10/26/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

I look forward to seeing a picture but from your history it sounds that you may have a common and harmless skin lesion known as a cherry hemangioma . This may appear as a bright red spot in the skin only about a millimeter in size ( pencil tip size ) ...they are painless and stable .

So that would be my first guess . I look toward to review of photo if you can post to this page or upload to photobucket.com...

Best Regards ***** ***** ..

Anthony Bray MD

I posted 2 photos did you see it. But yes they are pencil tip small. And in various parts of my body. They are not raised and do not bleed if rubbed

They are flush kind of look like under skin

Hello again!

I just reviewed your two pics and they are difficult to really tell very well as the first picture is hard to tell the scale and the second is very blurred to my view...

They seem to be probably consistent with small cherry hemangiomas but a better view would be possible. You may elect to have your doctor take a look at next routine visit ..

Further pictures ( possibly added views with better resolution and something for scale such as a penny in the shot for comparison..) would be welcome if that may be feasible for you.

Hello again,

I reviewed the pictures and the first one looks consistent with what I suspect ( a cherry angioma) but the scale is difficult to judge..

The second pic is blurred..

Further views could be helpful if feasible for you.. having something in the view such as a penny for scale comparison may be helpful..

It does not look to be of a concerning nature so far and I think having your doctor take a look at next routine visit would be sufficient...

Let me know if you might be able to send any added views to clarify the ones above..

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Hello again,

The first picture was clear abut hard to tell the scale..

The second picture was blurred..

Added views would be of probable help if feasible for you.. including a marker for scale such as a penny may be helpful

It looks consistent with a cherry hemangioma in the first picture as best that I can tell from that view..

I hope that this is helpful..

Let me know if you may be able to add views.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Hello again >>

Trying to send feedback on photos but messages are not going through...

Hello again!

The first photo does to me look consistent with a cherry hemangioma but the scale is not easy to judge from photo...

Second photo was blurred...

Further views may be of added help ( including a dime or penny in view for scale may help)

It looks as best that I can tell from first photo as consistent with harmless cherry hemangioma

I hope that this is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion or added photos

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Sorry for all the repeats above . My answers were not showing up on my screen so I kept trying ....

Thank you I will try to send better pic. I looked up what you said, but those kind of look like scabs. Mine looks like a blood clot, but flush to skin like under.

OK better pics would be helpful...

You do not appear to have any blood clots per se under the skin from what i can tell so far...

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor