How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4503
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 48 year old female I have high red blood count,

Customer Question

Hi -
I am a 48 year old female
I have high red blood count,
Testosterone 109
Tyroidglobulin anti bodies 98
What specialist I should
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

With these results the most appropriate specialist for you to consult is an endocrinologist who is a specialist that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to hormones. The high red blood cell count may also be secondary to increase in another hormone known as erythropoietin.

Take care.