Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

What effect does it have on 5 year girl that sleeps niightly

Customer Question

what effect does it have on 5 year girl that sleeps niightly with her 64 year grandfather
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I do not think that it would have any effect on the 5 year old girl if she sleeps with her 64 year old grandfather if, of course, her grandfather is healthy and does not have any infection like an upper respiratory infection or having running any fever.

So from a medical view-point there are no adverse effects.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.

Kind regards

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

If you are concerned then it needs to stop.

While it may be OK medically, perhaps you are concerned that there could be inappropriate touching going on.....

His anger over your questioning this behavior brings up the "Thou Dost Protest too Much, Brutus" red flag.....

Go with your gut on this.....and do what you feel is best for your daughter.

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS