How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What protocol should be given to people giving home caring

Customer Question

what protocol should be given to people giving home caring for a seizure prone person?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


The person should get their meds as prescribed.

Any hint of seizures should be reported to the doctor.

Any seizure should prompt a visit to the emergency room , urgent care or doctors office, if a short seizure and the person is OK.

Persistent seizures or seizure with significant post ictal state must go to the ER.

Protocols vary, and you must act on the protocol given by the doctors office.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.