Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Followup from this morning. Male I'm confused. Had a

Customer Question

Followup from this morning. Male 69 I'm confused. Had a colonoscopy. Found a polyp transverse colon, removed, sent off. Came back cancerous. Doc said it was real ""tiny"". Doc just called and said he got the cancer part but he missed 1mm of the polyp. He wants to "dye" (???) or ""tattoo"" (???) whats left of it next week, then schedule me for a scope by a surgeon. Here is the confusion -- if the got it, why the scope?? Just to make sure?? Are they just wanting to cover all their bases?? And he said it is possible that they can take out a segment (PLEASE, HOW BIG IS A SEGMENT?? Half my gut??? Or if it's just the 1mm left, is it POSSIBLE that they just leave it alone. I'm concerned they're might take out a bunch of the colon. OR --- with that 1mm he left, and saying he got the cancer, what am I needed to """brace""" myself for??? Does it sound like it's going to be ok?????
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

They want to mark the area so the surgeon can take out a piece of colon, if needed, or, so that they can watch the area on repeat colonoscopy.

Yes, it is most likely to make sure.

I believe that after the surgeon looks, you will have a clearer decision.

Of course, we can not tell you what your findings are or what they are thinking....it sounds like they want to check further.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doe it sound like it will be ok???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean, if the doc said he got the tumor, I hope Im not looking and a lot of stuff cut out.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like at most, a small section of colon would be removed.

Sounds like it will be fine.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.