Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a cluster of pimples on the back of my neck that have

Customer Question
scabbed over now, they've only...
I have a cluster of pimples on the back of my neck that have scabbed over now, they've only appeared in the last week or so, but for the past 6 weeks I've had a burning and itchy, dry lower lip and eyelid, and noone seems to have a clear answer for me. In the last few days I've had a painful cough and bad headaches. I went to the doctor yesterday but did not think the pimples on my neck were problematic so did not alert the doctor to them. She looked in my throat and said it's red on one side. I have been wheezing, and there is a rattle when I breathe, she said it's the fluid caused by the irritation. But later tonight, after inspecting a photo of the cluster on the back of my neck, and suffering with a headache for the rest of the day, I think I might have Shingles? is it possible to have a bit external and some internal as well? I'm 35, I've been stressed and run down with work, and I did have Chicken Pox when I was 13.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
10/16/2015
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Can you attach the photos here?

See attached

They don't seem to be shingles. Did you start to wear the metal necklace recently? Is it made from nickel?

No I always wear this. It's silver.
What about them doesn't seem like Shingles?

Shingles usually occur on one side (right or left) as long as you are not really immunocompromised like an end-stage cancer patient. Also they are blisters and then become crust.

Thank you, ***** ***** wanted to rule out Shingles. I went to both a western medicine doctor and a Chinese medicine doctor yesterday but did not alert them to what is on the back of my neck, so I was concerned this may have affected a different outcome of their diagnosis. Regardless, I have a prescription from the western doctor for antibiotics to combat the virus in my throat, but I do not usually like to take antibiotics, she said they are not necessary but gave me a prescription as a back up if my condition gets worse. Then I went straight to the Chinese doctor and he said my immunity is very low, I am blood deficient and have hormone imbalance (I have been sick very often this year, with very low energy, which is very usual for me) so I am currently brewing the herbs he gave me that will first help to fight the virus first, then next week we will start to look at improving overall wellbeing. So, in conclusion - I think I am immunocompromised for some reason? I have been getting sick with bad viruses at least once a month for the past 6 months and have been very run down and fatigued. That's why I was worried it was Shingles, or some sort of autoimmune disease, as not one professional yet has been able to explain why my lip and one eyelid have been dry and irritated for 6 weeks now.
regarding the back of my neck, I thought they were pimples, as I could only feel them not see them, so I busted some (bad habit) and just water came out, and now they are starting to scab.

I don't think you are immunocompromised. The lesion on the neck could be bacteria infection of hair follicles. You should use over-the-counter bacterial ointment such as Neosporin. You should avoid touching them.

Family Physician, Doctor