Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am ***** *****.. I am having some terrible symptoms with

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I am ***** *****.. I am having some terrible symptoms with two abcessed teeth.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: went to the hospital and no one will listen to me. Several weeks ago before the pain began, I started to notice I was extremely tired and having bad neck/shoulder pain on my right side. I also noticed a bad ear infection and migraines (which I've never had either). Now, my entire right side of my face, arm/hand, leg and foot go numb and I know without a doubt that something is really wrong. I keep having this extremely sharp pain shoot through my right shoulder and have fevers every night.
They prescribed me antibiotics at the hospital today and told me I need to follow up with my primary doctor (which lives an hour away). I feel like I can't even drive because my symptoms are so bad. I begged them to do blood work today and they wouldn't do it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Tonigth my symptoms are the worst and I am feeling EXTREME dizziness/tingling all throught my body, as I'm typing this. I don't know what to do.. And this may sound crazy but I am so scared to go to sleep, in fear that something is going to happen to me. I know my body and I know when something is very wrong. My gut is telling me that this infection has gotten so bad that it has spread through my body, but the doctor told me that's unusually rare, brushed it off and told me the antibiotics will cure the symptoms.
yes, I am. Really trying not to fall asleep..
If you can help me, I would be so grateful.. You have no idea. I need someone to please listen to my symptoms and honestly tell me what is going on.. I just keep feeling like something is going to happen to me because I am getting worse and worse by the day. I can't imagine it getting much worse than it is now..
And I will pay the fee for sure. Please help
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is common for infections to cause diffuse symptoms, even if the infections has not become disseminated. Usually, the findings on exam would indicate whether there is any concern about whether any infection has become disseminated. We obviously cannot perform an exam over the internet. If you are concerned that the exam of the ER doctor did not detect a disseminated infection, the only option would be to see another doctor. If seeing your primary care physician is not an option, then you would either need to be seen in an ER again or at an Urgent Care Center.

If it is not a disseminated infection, then the oral antibiotics that you were prescribed should be sufficient, although you may still need consideration of dental work once the infection is controlled.