Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I HAVE HAD TWO OPEN HEART SURGERIES, BACK SURGERY, NASAL

Customer Question

I HAVE HAD TWO OPEN HEART SURGERIES, BACK SURGERY, NASAL SURGERY AND RECENTLY FOUND THAT ONLY 2 OF MY HEART VALVES WERE WORKING AND PUT ON MEDICATIONS. I CAN HARDLY VACUUM A 10X10 ROOM WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE A NITRO GLYCERINE TABLET. I CANNOT LIFT MORE THAN 10 T0 15 POUNDS AND THE DOCTORS SAY THEY WOULD BE SIGNING MY DEATH WARRANT IF THEY DID BYPASS SURGERY OR TRIED TO INSERT STENTS. I HAVE STRICTURES IN MY THROAT AND HAVE TO GO IN TO HAVE MY THROAT STRETCHED YEARLY. NOW, THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PUT ME UNDER GENERAL ANESTHESIA FOR ANY PROCEDURE, WHERE IT BE THE ENLARGING OF MY THROAT, COLONOSCOPY OR EVEN HEART TESTS INVOLVING PUTTING A WIRE IN MY GROIN TO MY HEART. THE REASON IS ... UNDER REGULAR PROCEDURES TO PUT PEOPLE TO SLEEP, I WAKE OUT OF IT AND START FIGHTING THE STAFF.
I HAVE ALSO HAD BACK SURGERY AND STILL HAVE TO MAKE QUARTERLY VISITS TO CONTROL IT. DNA TESTS WERE DONE, BECAUSE THEY THINK MY BODY IS NOT ABSORBING AND DISTRIBUTING THE MEDICATIONS I TAKE.
MY WIFE HAS MUCH MORE TERRIBLE SITUATIONS. BUT PRIDE HAS KEPT US FROM SEEKING A STATEMENT OF BEING DISABLED, BECAUSE WE TRY TO REMAIN ACTIVE AND MOBILE, BUT WE ARE IN GREAT PAIN ALL THE TIME.
THERE IS MUCH MORE AND MY WIFE IS NOW HAVING SEIZURES THAT PARALYZE HER AND CANNOT CALL FOR HELP OR EVEN PRESS A BUTTON TO SUMMONS HELP.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. CAN YOU HELP?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Additionally, My wife has been diagnosed with MS, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and an Autoimmune system disorder where her body fights itself. The seizures I mentioned about her I think came from her accident 2 years ago. Fell through a broken banister, broke both wrists and fingers, had a fracture in her jaw and neck. Then the seizures started later. We are seeking this week to try to see another Neurologist. Also she has restless leg syndrome and sleeps less than 5 hours per night. Is starting to forget things short term and fears she may have the first throws of Alzheimer's disease. She can hardly hold items, open jars or even eye drop bottles. She is being overlooked in many areas and we have no one to help each other but us.Also, my job was sequestered by the Federal Government July 1, 2014. 30 day notice. We have had tragedy after tragedy and she has been in auto accidents as a passenger and the list goes on.One question is ... when I was to receive retirement income ... the trustee of the account reduced my monthly payment by $400 per month for signing her up as beneficiary. It seems this should be tax deductible since I, nor she is benefiting by it and that is a lot of money for us now that I am retired. Going on 70 years old, I doubt I will seek another job because I have to be near if my wife goes into seizures. I'll end here for now
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

How can I help with this? I"m very sorry you are going through so much

just click send to reply

maybe a phone chat is better?

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

If you have more questions, just reply.