Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

The back of my throat connected to uvula is pushed forward

Customer Question

the back of my throat connected to uvula is pushed forward and is pushing against my tonsils. It was not like this before and has been like this for about a year. I can feel the tonsils being pushed against all the time. seems like it could either be caused
by chiropractor, yawning or stress. I also used to pull with my throat to get rid of mucous when I had an infection so maybe that might have caused it as well? I have no idea how to fix this.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

The picture where you highlight looks that you have some enlargmement of tonsils (left more than right) and the tonsils and uvula has some mild ulcerative changes. It looks due to a viral upper respiratory infection. I would gargle 2 to 3 times a day with a salt water solution. Use a product such as Chloroseptic throat spray to help with discomfort. I would expect this to improve steadily within about a week. I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive been trying to get rid of the tonsil infection the only thing is that the back of the throat connected to uvula is pushed forward at least 1-2 inches. Im not sure if this was caused by my jaw popping or the chiropractor but it was not like this before. the uvula used to be behind the tonsils but now is in front of them. not sure if it will go back on its own.

Hello again,

The anatomy does not look so much displaced to me from the given picture. It really does not look so bad. I do see inflammatory change such as with the tonsils but nothing severe, You may follow up to see an ENT specialist to further advise you on this...

Let me know if you have further questions or discussion. Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD