How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65307
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have suffered with my attention span for a while now. I

Customer Question

I have suffered with my attention span for a while now. I need to get on track because I need to finish my book and client work. I was just made to move doctors because of insurance and can't get into see my new one for 2 months. I cannot go to my old one. I need my prescription for Adderall refilled. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.


If you are asking to get a prescription for adderrall on line, that would be a felony.

Only a doctor that has examined you can prescribe such a drug.

Any doctor on vacation who is prescribing adderral for legit reasons has a cross covering doctor, available through the answering service.

Or, refill instructions left with the office.

I do not know what you mean by "new doctor is not available"

can you clarify

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is not available to write script because I haven't had an appointment with him yet. If this conversation is going to continue to cost money then I need to stop it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

There are no additional fees from what you have paid already as far as know.

Is this doctor in the same practice?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Completely new city and new practice. I think you have answered my question. Basically, I am stuck. And, no, there is no referring doctor because I cannot use that practice any more because of my insurance. Thank you!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

I don't think you are stuck.

If you are waiting on a new doctor

And, you have proof of your prescriptions, you probably can get an interim prescription from urgent care.

If you call the health department, you can find out where the neighborhood walk in clinics are..these are on sliding scale, and you can do the same there.

That would get you an exam at what you can pay.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.