How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46978
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I HAVE TERM bowel problems and left groin pain with swollen

Customer Question

I HAVE LONG TERM bowel problems and left groin pain with swollen thigh between the legs. I have had much pain and constant blood reflux from the groin into my venous system. This has also caused a minor virginal prolapse
Please kindly tell me if a gastroenterologist is the kind of doctor to deal with this painful groin problem.
Unfortunately because this has been so long term, it is difficult to get a GP to even look at my legs.
I realise this is beyond belief, but nevertheless strict truth.
A reckomended doctor would be asking too much?
I am aged, but otherwise in good health, with much important mental work to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.


If this is a vein problem the correct specialist if a vascular specialist.

Vaginal prolapse would be addressed by a gynecologist.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here

I am sorry you are having such bad swelling of your thighs

at your age of 86, surgery corrections can be very risky if not impossible.

but you can have doppler ultrasound studies to check for poor circulation and narrowed blood vessels in your legs

sometimes swelling in the legs can be due to lymphedema or pooling of lymphatic fluid in the legs from poor lymphatic circulation.

compression stockings in the legs and leg elevation and lymphedema massage therapy can help push out lymphatic fluid out of the legs.

if you have abnormal venous blood flow in your groin area, you might need a stent in your femoral vein or artery that can be placed by interventional vascular techniques.

a CT angiogram of your pelvis and iliac and femoral arteries and veins can help look at these veins.

have you had these studies performed?