Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Since Monday night I've had a sore, gurgling stomach. I go

Customer Question

Since Monday night I've had a sore, gurgling stomach. I go to the bathroom every so often and do a little bit of diarrhea. Just a little. I haven't been to work in 2 days cause my stomach really hurts. Hurts to touch a bit too. It's just sore and I don't know what to do. I don't want to take anything that will prevent me from going to the bathroom because I feel like that's why my stomach hurts.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have been having diarrhea.

pepto can help. also Immodium over the counter can help

but you really should see a doctor and get your stools checked for infection and blood.

you need blood work to check for dehydration since watery diarrhea can cause you to loose a lot of water and fluids and electrolytes.

probiotic is not going to fix your bowels.

if you have a bowel infection, you might need antibiotic therapy like cipro or flagyl antibiotic.

do you have a doctor you can see or an urgent care center where you can go and get tested?