DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I had a penile implant, the where the pump was placed is not

Customer Question

I had a penile implant, the testical where the pump was placed is not gone. The remaining one is almost gone and is shrinking fast. I also have diabeties. can anything be done for the remaining one?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you have to see a urologist about your penile implant.

they might have to do a corrective surgery to fix the implant and to put in a new resevior for the pump in the testicle if you still want to continue to use the implant.

or they might have to take the old one out and just put in a completely new penile implant for erections.

when was the last time you saw your urologist about this penile implant?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I have a different answer.

You are asking about shrinking testes as far as I can tell, not about your implant, so I would say that you need not only an exam, but testosterone levels checked, and an endocrinologic exam to see if there are other reasons for this.

Shrinkage, if from the implant surgery is not reversible, but you need to rule out other causes.

There is also no reason to believe, if this was from the surgery, that the other testicle will necessarily deteriorate, but other problems need to b ruled out.

Please click a positive rating for Dr. Thomas if you appreciate my expertise.

Find me anytime for further questions...here, now, or in the future by request.

The rating scale is across the top of the answer page.