How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18765
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just learned my 78 year old sister was scammed by a man

Customer Question

I just learned my 78 year old sister was scammed by a man form So. Africa . She wired him 950.00 today and is very upset that he scammed her.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

Are you seeking a legal opinion or a medical opinion?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

I had asked for clarification of whether you were seeking a legal or medical opinion and have not heard back.

From a medical perspective, the primary issue is whether her being upset is of such symptoms and severity that it would be considered anxiety or depression. Medical treatment would be oriented towards these medical conditions if they were to develop in this situation. The treatment would be slightly different according to which symptoms are present and the duration of symptoms. If she is having short-term anxiety, then a short-acting anti-anxiety medicine would be appropriate. If the symptoms are of longer duration, then an antidepressant is usually better tolerated for long term treatment, for either anxiety or depression.