Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Six months ago I got a sudden really bad pain in my left

Customer Question
Hi, six months ago I...
Hi, six months ago I got a sudden really bad pain in my left side just under the rib cage, the paid radiated into my back up to my shoulder. The paid was intense and took me to my knees. I then sat down and feel asleep for around 5 minutes and when I awoke still had the paid but not as intense. I visit a doctor and got blood test, which all come back fine. I have had the constant dull pain in the left side ever since for the last six month. Im now experiencing the pain in the right side and lower abdominal area. I have back pain which is lower, middle of the back and near my right shoulder. I seem to experience pain right after eating and food is going straight through me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2015
Doctor: Internist, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Internist
Internist, Doctor

Hi there,

I am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

did you have ultrasound of belly?

any history of medical illness like diabetes/ high blood pressure/ high cholesterol problem?

this is an info request and not an answer . please reply so i can help you.

thanks

have you ever had abdominal trauma?

any difficult breathing?

what makes the pain go away?

how would you grade your pain on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being worst

any history of diarrhea/ constipation/ blood in stools ?

Hi, I have not had a ultrasound and no history of any of the above. I have never noticed any blood in stool and no difficult breathing problems. just constant persistant pain which started just on left side but now is also on the right and at time radiated to bottom of my stomach. Have days where constant diarrhea, as everything goes straight through me. No abdominal trauma to my stomach. The back pain was only occasional but lately is there everyday. Also noticed allot of bruising on my legs, for some unknown reason.

the pain you are experincing can be due to

acid peptic disease,/

gastritis,

gall stones. all of these can present like this.

i would recommend following tests.

ultrasound abdomen/pelvis

cbc

PT/INR .

LFT

platelet count , pt/inr and lft would help know the cause of bruises.

after undergoing these tests, and if all of these com back normal i would give trial of omepraozle to treat possible acid peptic disease.

I am here to help you and I wish you best health,

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800

please let me know if you have any questions. thanks

Internist
Internist
Internist, Doctor