How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65041
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

At rest, I get a pain in my lower left abdomen which lasts

Customer Question

At rest, I get a pain in my lower left abdomen which lasts for two or three seconds then subsides. What could it be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

This could be intestinal spasm secondary to some underlying abnormality in Large gut wall .

It would be ideal for you to have Colonoscopy to see what is going wrong .

You should use high fiber diet , good amount of fluid and get Colonoscopy please .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


I disagree

Do NOT wait the month or more it might get to obtained a colonoscopy.

Your symptoms might represent


muscle spasm

Inflammation of the bowel



Bladder problem

Large polyp.

Some of these need immediate diagnosis.

See your doctor now, then, arrange for a colonoscopy IR you have not had one recently [last 5 to 10 years depending].

I am a double board certified US doctor and will always give you correct answers.

Please click a positive rating on this post.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Respected customer I already advised you for Colonoscopy , so please proceed with that .

If you have further quires you can ask .

Good luck .

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


I would be potentially dangerous to not get an exam in a timely way.

In the united states, you can not "proceed with a colonoscopy". One must have a referral.

In fact, we don't even know if you have already had one or not.

You need to first see a family practice doctor or internal medicine specialist.

This will rule out the more acute problems, check the stool for blood and so on.

This will prevent danger from missing an acute problem brewing.

Once again: I will always give you safe, precise, accurate and comprehensive answers.

Find me in medical by request to save time.

I am here daily.

Please click a positive on my specific post if you appreciate my expertise.