Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had my 7th baby nearly a year ago, i bleed for nearly 6

Customer Question
weeks after had terrible pain...
I had my 7th baby nearly a year ago, i bleed for nearly 6 weeks after had terrible pain, low blood pressure. Since then i keep passing what o call slugs! Black clots, I've not had a period as such just pass black clots some large some stringy some just black bits. I am getting pain in my back and lower tummy, my stomach feels bloated most of the time and recently I'm constantly feeling sick especially after eating. I'm quite worried about this as I've never heard of anything like this,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

it sounds like you are still passing blood from your uterus.

you need to get an ultrasound of your uterus to make sure there is no placenta left inside which needs to come out.

retained placenta can increase your risks for infection and more bleeding.

an ultrasound of the uterus and abdomen can also check for fluid in your pelvis and lower abdomen as well.

you are most likely still having uterine cramps and contractions causing back and lower abdominal pains.

you need to follow up with your ob/gyn doctor for a post delivery check

let me know if you have questions.

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

You would not have been able to have a retained placenta for a year.

That would have put you in the ICU

Fibroids, endometriosis,hormone disruption from any cause, and other problems are more likely.

You don't just need an ulltrasound.

You need a full exam, and all pertinent blood work, and you should not wait any longer.

You need testing for iron deficiency as well

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Will always give you accurate and complete answers.

Please click a positive rating.

This is Dr. David

getting sick after eating can be from excessive stomach acid production or from a duodenal ulcer.

you need to consult with a GI doctor to see if you need stomach acid reducing agents and acid blockers like nexium or protonix to see if you have a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer. you might need an upper endoscopy to look down into your stomach.

abdominal bloating can be from colitis or bowel allergies to gluten or milk lactose or your diet.

you might have to avoid gluten and dairy products to see if your symptoms get better

for some people, taking a probiotic can help their bowels and decrease bloating.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

HI

This, with bleeding and clots from the vagina, has nothing at all to do with stomach acid or bowel problems.

Passing blood from the uterus has nothing at all to do with bowel problems. This is the second expert, and I will continue on the path of giving you correct information.

See my first post, Dr. Thomas.

I will always understand, and give you accurate medical information./

Please click a positive on my post if you appreciate correct medical information...and let me know if you have more questions.

This is Dr. David

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hello.

Vaginal bleeding in this case requires immediate OB/Gyn evaluation.

I suggest this at this point.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician