How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55804
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have benn getting pain off/on in my RUQ for approximately

Customer Question

I have benn getting pain off/on in my RUQ for approximately 3.5 years. Gallbladder has been US x 2 and shown to have no calculi although both US were done after the attacks. Now am having pain again in RUQ running about a 2/10 during day and at night 8/10 so severe I took two T3's to control the pain. My doctor is suggesting that this may all be from constipation. But he is referring me for a nuclear dye study of the gallbladder that may take up to two weeks to get. Should I be seeing a Gastroenterologist? And what is the liklihood this is all from constipation? The pain is worse while lying down and runs around to my mid back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Does it occur after eating?

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

These symptoms are not likely constipation related.

You likely have chronic pancreatitis.

You need a CT scan with contrast at least.

Duodenal ulcer disease is another possibility.

Upper GI endoscopy will look for that.

Please see a gastroenterologist.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I agree with the nuclear scan.

It is called a HIDA scan. Your doctor is suspecting you have gall bladder issues without stones

This is known as biliary dyskinesia. I agree with the plan

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. If you have more questions, just reply :)