DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My daughter has pain in right where her legs bends at the p.

Customer Question

My daughter has pain in right where her legs bends at the hip. How can we tell if it is a groin injury or hip flexor? It is painful to walk, move the joint.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thanks for requesting me.

Please make sure your questions go to the medical category when requesting me, as to avoid delay.

This needs an exam.

If your daughter is young, a child, then strep can infect the joint.

If the pain is in the front, groin muscle strain is most likely but congenital hernia and other problems need to be ruled out.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.