How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Amita Your Own Question
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Amita is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My testicles are itchy dry hurting and sometimes bleeding in

Customer Question

My testicles are itchy dry hurting and sometimes bleeding in small doses. What do I do? It hurts to stand walk or even lay down.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.


Since how long have you been having these symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 months
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

There are several possible reasons for these symptoms.Common among them are

  1. Fungal infections
  2. Contact dermatitis meaning allergy to substances coming in contact with skin of scrotum that is the skin covering testicles
  3. Scrotal dermatitis which is a condition different from contact dermatitis but having similar symptoms
  4. Oro ocular genital syndrome which occurs because of deficiency of certain vitamins like Riboflavin,nicotinic acid and zinc deficiency in diet but this is usually accompanied by signs like cuts at angles of mouth, swollen and painful tongue etc.. and sensitivity to light
  5. Scrotal lichen planus is another possible cause

You should keep the area clean and dry and avoid using underwear to prevent collection of moisture in the area which worsens these symptoms.

You should also not apply any over the counter medicine to area as all these conditions have different treatments and application of OTC products often makes it difficult to differentiate the cause of these symptoms.

You need to get a doctor look at this and diagnose the condition and treat accordingly.Not something which should be treated by self at home.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything else cause I've never been in this kind of pain before
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

You may take an anti allergic like Zyrtec which is available OTC which would help decrease the itching.You should also take an anti inflammatory like Aleve 2-3 times a day after meals as that would decrease the pain.