How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29035
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a palpable abnormality in the left tricep one doctor

Customer Question

I have a palpable abnormality in the left tricep one doctor told me a MRI was recommended, my primary doctor did a blood test and said everything was normal so a MRI will not be needed. But dr. Scott says a MRI is recommended. I weighed 136 pounds 4 months ago. my weight now is 110 lbs. my doctor says its normal for a womans weight to fluctuate. I haven't weighed that much since middle school, I am now 33. what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Palpable abnormality can be benign in most cases especially if it is not growing rapidly.

In rare cases, this can be a sarcoma or malignant growth.

That can only be checked by MRI scan and subsequent biopsy.

So I have to agree with Dr Scott.

Weight loss can be due to the other causes besides malignancy.

Hyperthyroidism, diabetes, malabsorption syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease are some common causes.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile: