How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56234
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia and it was

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia and it was always a problem affecting my work, I saw several sleep Dr's and followed their recommendations, including mess which did not work, I have just coped and tried to address the anxiety caused by the fear of always thinking I will lose my job. For whatever reason it seems to be worse, and I am under threat of termination due to poor performance. Specifically. Confusion and issues attributable to my disorder. ...should I inform my employer? What steps should I take to cover myself , I could live off company disability but not government if I had to. Does the fact that I saw the sleep Dr's but got the impression there was nothing they could do and stopped seeing them affect my case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

have you tried meds like provigil?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prodigal and nuvigil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

No, this doesn't affect your case

I would hire a disability attorney first of all and go from there.

you need a lawyer on your side

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget a positive rating.

If you have more questions, just reply :)