Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How much Tylenol is okay to take for pain from torn tendon/

Customer Question
how much Tylenol is...
how much Tylenol is okay to take for pain from torn tendon/
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Short term such as few days it is ok to take a maximum of Tylenol (=acetaminophen) up to 4000mg per 24 hours...( so 8 extra strength tablets) For longer term use greater than a week you should limit to 3000 mg per 24 hours

It is ok to combine Tylenol with an NSAID such as Aleve or Advil

You may benefit from a moderate pain reliever such as Ultram (= tramadol) as well

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor