Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My symptoms are discomfort when peeing and sensation in left

Customer Question

My symptoms are discomfort when peeing and sensation in left side. My urologist prescribed 100 MG of Doxycycline twice a day for 30 days. I made a trip out of the country after 19 days and forgot to take my medicine with me. When I returned I didn't start the prescription again as I felt fine. Last night the symptoms returned along with chills and night sweat. I restarted the antibiotic. I am HIV positive. I am on a beach trip should I continue the antibiotic or see if can start again?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Best way is to get culture sensitivity test of Urine to know the exact germ causing symptoms and than to treat it with appropriate antibiotics .

But as you are on beach trip , so it would be ideal for you at this time to continue with same antibiotic .

Get plenty of fluids , cranberry sachets .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Are you there ...