Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I take amlodipine, atorvastatin, hydralazine, losartan,

Customer Question

i take amlodipine, atorvastatin, hydralazine, losartan, carvedilol and triamterene for bp control and have ED, can I use Viagra safely?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Sildenafil or Viagra is generally safe in patients with hypertension, if at all, it can cause a small reduction in blood pressure.

For someone on blood pressure medication, the reduction can be significant and cause lightheadedness and fainting. Viagra has also been associated with Aortic dissection so patients with Aortic Dissection are supposed to refrain from it. I would advise against using it at this point in time. However, it will be better to consult your Cardiologist or internist first for a better opinion as they will be in a better position to advise what is best for you.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes