Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

To answer your questions...his age is 36...no I do not know

Customer Question

To answer your questions...his age is 36...no I do not know if he has any swelling of the scrotum....he does have some nausea....his last blood test showed a high liver level...he gets that when he gains weight and then if he loses weight it goes down. He seems to crave bread too. The pain on his left side is worrying me too. Is that where the liver is?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.

Hello again!

Ok he likely may have a condition of fatty liver disease. That could fit with it being worse with weight gain. The liver may store fat but may get too much fat in liver tissue and cause inflammation.The Latuda can contribute to weight gain and increase sugar and triglycerides ....that or some medication of similar class may be needed to control his schizophrenia though.....

Liver is upper right side so pain in left is probably not due to the liver

Pain of testicles as we discussed could be one of several possible causes. Inguinal hernia / testicular torsion/ Epididymitis/ prostate infection/ inguinal hernia are possible causes.

He needs medical evaluation for this to get him help to treat his cause

Hopefully you may get him to agree and get him to doctor for exam soon.He really needs this I think .

What part (upper abdomen or lower abdomen or more to side or back is his left side pain?? ) This would not correspond to his liver if left sides though...

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD