How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4495
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm sure I have ghonnoria. I had it before but I think I had

Customer Question

I'm sure I have ghonnoria. I had it before but I think I had intercourse with the same person a little too soon after we both got treated I don't have medical insurance right now so I can't go to the doctor but I need this treated. Is there any antibiotics I can buy to treat this? And if so what dosage?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question.

Basically when treating a sexually transmitted disease, the aim is to cure the infection in the patient, hence consulting a health care provider is recommended as he/she will determine the best and most up-to-date treatment. Never treat yourself without being seen by your doctor first. Nowadays there are many drug-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae, hence to prevent resistance one of the antibiotic (ceftriaxone) is given as an injection and another antibiotic (azithromycin or doxycycline) is taken orally.

Take care.