Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What could possibly be the cause of the PERIANAL ABSCESS

Customer Question

what could possibly be the cause of the PERIANAL ABSCESS back in 2012 ? this is where it all started . one thing i suspect is that i had sex with a prostitute 6 months before my abscess surgery .. what causes peri anal abbesses
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

A perianal abscess is typically often caused by an infection of the anal glands. A perianal abscess can be related to anal trauma from receptive anal sex, or the transmission of syphilis or chlamydia to the anal canal during sex. The vast majority of perianal abscesses are not related to any sexual encounter.

A perianal abscess is also not a common cause of IBS. There are post-infectious cases of IBS, but these typically follow an infection of the colon, not a perianal abscess.

Please remember to provide a positive rating for all of these questions so that I am credited for assisting you on each question.