Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have been on the forum for a couple of days now. I

Customer Question

Hi, I have been on the forum for a couple of days now. I appreciate all the advise to date. I would like one more opinion. I have been sick for about a week now. It started with a sire throat and ear ache back in late August, that never seemed to subside. I have a lot of pressure in my throat and ears, but my dr says it is most likely viral. The presenter is getting a little better but still there. I am very tired , been home from work and my dr does not know what is wrong. I have tested negative girl mono, Lyme and west Nile. I have a urinary tract infection, taking anti biotics. I had an abdominal ultrasound and pelvic. All normal but my dr did mention there was some clear water around my left Kung and liver. He is not concerned, thinks it is do to some type of virus.
My questions, please review my blood work- is there anything alarming?
Hemoglobin 102 -I have never been anemic before, hemacrotic 0.31, rbc 3.25, platelets completely normal. WBC 13 and neutrophils 10.9. All other normal. Liver Alt -54.
My throat is still red, with pressure.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question .

First of all your throat issue is not because of viral infection , as viral infection don't persist for so long time , as you have raised white cell count which indicates that you have infection and keeping your history in mind it is highly likely that you have recurrent Tonsillitis causing such issues .

You should get second opinion from other ENT Specialist .

As you have been tested negative for other issues , so recurrent Tonsillitis is highly likely .

You should get Throat swab test for culture sensitivity , so that appropriate antibiotics may be offered to you .

You have chronic infection which could be the possibility of Little low Hgb .

So please get Throat examination , Throat swab test and proceed accordingly .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You did not answer NY question regarding blood work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have also been tested negative for strep.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

Blood work shows raised white cell count , along with low Neutrohils , suggestive of infection .

Raised ALT ( lIVER ENZYME ) Suggest infection had involved liver with low Hemgoglobin and low Hematocrit levels , suggesting anemia , and this anemia is the anemia of chronic disease .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

It would be ideal if you are tested negative for other disease including Strep then Blood culture and Urine culture is next appropriate management option .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand what you mean. What is chronic disease. I have had urine culture. I have a urinary tract infection. I did not have low neutrophils, they were high. Please review
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

I mean to say that you have ongoing infection , as you already mentioned that this issue is going for last many weeks this is called chronic infection .

And this can cause anemia .