khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have posted a question earlier but no one answered. Could

Customer Question

Hi I have posted a question earlier but no one answered. Could you pls help me? I would like to speak to Dr. Thomas
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

What is your question? I will try to help you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I posted. Detailed question,it is on file. Could you access it or should I start from the beginning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I would like to speak to an internal Dr. Or infectious specialist. I had a sore throat and ear ache in mid August. Went to the walk in clinic and was told it was viral. My throat was very red and swollen. Dr gave me biaxin and anti-inflammatory mess. I felt a bit better. But after 2 weeks it can back with a vengeance. Pain in throat and ears. Went to family Dr. Said throat was very red, stabbed for strep, but negative. Gave me more biaxin but I believe these made me worse. I filled up with my dr. He ran blood test, I am now anemic, hemoglobin 102, hemocratic 0.31, rbc 3.25. Platelets normal. I also have Ben diagnosed with a urinary tract infection. On anti biotic. Also ran ultrasounds all good but I have some water near liver and left lung. He said minimal. ALT level was High 54. Is this a virus that is attacking me? Very concerned
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr are you still interested in assisting me?
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

Did you have running nose and cough? Are you severely sensitive to penicillin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No runny nose or cough. Yes, I am allergic to penicillin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also get severe shoulder pain.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

How allergic to penicillin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whatever this is, it has wiped me out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got a rash at the end if my dosage once. Not severe.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What could this be? My dr thinks it is bronchial but he really cannot say what it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you review my labs. Are they alarming?
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

They gave you biaxin. It is antibiotics that works for only bacteria. Since Strep stab was negative, it is not bacteria a infection. I can't understand they gave you more biaxin.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hear you. And I think a lot of my symptoms are a result of the biaxin. I have never been anemic. Last night I think I may have finally started sweating out this virus. When I woke up this morning I was drenched. I have not had a fever today, but took Tylenol for discomfort.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

The ALT level could be due to the side effect of biaxin.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok and the inflammation, water?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my anemia alarming? Morphology read RBC+1 polychromasia.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my anemia alarming? Morphology read RBC+1 polychromasia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my anemia alarming? Morphology read RBI +1 polychrasia
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

It could be due to Cytomegalovirus or Epstein Barr Virus. They cause liver problem and anemia. But they will be solved gradually. You don't need to worry about it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my biggest fear is if any of my labs suggests leukaemia or cancer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Epstein Barry virus is that mon? I was tested negative for that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also negative for Lyme, west Nile. I am starting to panic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have chest soar ness.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my anemia dangerous?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Why do I such should pain? Could it be from the virus
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

It could be due to cytomegalovirus infection. Since your white cell number is ***** leukemia is unlikely. You would be better gradually. reassured.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr one more question. Is it normal for me to feel so achy. Severe shoulder discomfort, still pressure in my thought and ears and now my chest. How long will these aches last. So far no fever today.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

It would last for weeks. Take pain medication.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for connecting with me again. I sweat last night again. Currently I feel pain discomfort. Shoulder pain and now pulling in my chest. Again I am so worried about cancer. So truly you do not see anything suspicious with cancer. Me Dr wants to send me to a hematolgist. That is what is concerning me.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

Night sweat could be caused with lymphoma. Also lymphoma can cause chest pain. Shoulder pain could be a radiation pain.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But does my blood suggest lymphoma at this time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could virus cause night sweat as well.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

A blood test can't show lymphoma but leukemia. To diagnose lymphoma, you need to have a swollen lymph node biopsied. Night sweat is not typical for virus infection. TB or sarcoidosis causes night sweat. But sore throat is not typical for them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand and my blood doe snot suggest leukemia, correct? I am in emergency now, getting checked out.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

correct