Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Need some help, for about 6-7 weeks now my tongue has been

Customer Question
inflamed and both sides of...
need some help, for about 6-7 weeks now my tongue has been inflamed and both sides of my tongue have been sore and when I eat my tongue will burn at times and the back of my throat has been burning somewhat. I went to the doctor Friday and he checked my
mouth and tongue and said it was inflamed tongue, he also checked my glands and lymp nodes and said everything felt normal to him. He prescribed me magic mouth wash and i started taking folic acid supplement on Sunday and he told me to to double up on my prevacid
because about 2-3 weeks ago I had 2 episodes of extremely bad acid reflux, it almost felt like i was having a heart attack. The last couple of days it seemed to be getting a little better but now one side is getting very sore again and I have had these little
white dots but like a couple on each side. Im worried that this will never go away and its some type of disease or something bad, I have bad anxiety for which I have been taking 150mg of Zoloft, I have been to the doctor and dentist, can someone help me with
this! I'm sitting here worried I have something sinister i.e (HIV, Sjögren's syndrome or something really bad but now I am worried this I Sjogren"s
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
can someone please help me!!
Is there anyone that can help me?
9/19/2015
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Can you attach the photos here? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any medical problem? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Did you have a blood test?

im 5foot 6, I am overweight, I weigh like 265pounds, I have extremely bad anxiety for which I am on Zoloft for at 150mg and I have been at that dose for about 6 months or maybe longer, no surgeries, I have been taking a multivitamin, 500mg of vitamin C, I started folic acid tablets a week ago and I was told to double up on Prevacid for a month. I haven't had any blood tests but I have been to the doctor and dentist. Diabetes, and heart problems run in my family. About two years ago when I had got my physical and had complete blood work it said I was pre diabetic

Can you attach the photos here? Thanks.

Also for the last month or so my knuckes and wrist have been bothering me on my right hand

I looked at the photos. It seems to be normal. You don't need to worry about it.

Then what is causing this?
I'm really worried I might have sjorens syndrome or something else bad like HIV or another disease!

Do you have dry mouth and dry eyes? Did you have sexual contact with people who could have HIV?

I haven't had intercourse for probably about two years but because of being overweight I was going into gentlemans clubs back then, I don't have dry eyes but a couple of weeks ago for a week I had extremely bad dry mouth but that seems to have gotton somewhat better and another thing is that I have been trying to quit smoking
Are you there?
Are you still there?

You don't have sjogre syndrome. If you don't have flu like symptoms, it is not an early symptom for HIV infection. It doesn't seem to be candida infection. It could be due to the acid reflux. Since your tongue is normal now with the mouth wash, you don't need to worry about it.

the sides of my tongue are still getting sore, and why do I have pain in my knuckles, is that arthritis or something like that?
if I stick my tongue straight out the sides look inflamed, im just worried because this all started like 6-7 weeks ago and i was having sinus issues and extremely bad post nasal drip where i was like choking on it and was put on a ten day course of antibiotics
are you still there?

When did you start to use the mouth wash?

I went to the doctor like a week and half ago and that's when he prescribed me the magic mouthwash and I used it for a couple of days but haven't used it since

What is the reason you stopped to use it? Since you have a sore tongue, you should continue to use it.

Do you know what that mouthwash consists of?
khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor