How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64330
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 37 year old female. In the last 3 years my health has

Customer Question

I am a 37 year old female. In the last 3 years my health has declined and I'm grasping at straws for someone to help me. I have been to multiple Drs and specialist. I have been diagnosed with Hoshimotos, IBS, unstable angina proctise, rheumatoid and austioarthis, and now they added phybromyalsia. I also had a complete just hystorctamy and my gallbladder removied. I have dirreah and vomit all the time. I have a geographic tongue and from my mouth to my rectum burn! They recently treated me with a form of chemo to try and help. They did blood work and said I had to stop because emergency dangerous levels in my liver, (which I was told 3 years ago something was wrong with it and have never done anything) The dr told me yesterday they don't know what to do with me and nothing will help me. I did manage to get an appointment for UOFM hospital but not for weeks out yet. I have 2 young girls and I can't play with them or enjoy my life... The pain is so awful but they say I just have to live with it!! Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


It appears you have a diagnosis for all of your conditions.

I understand the situation.

Can you tell me exactly what you are asking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dr told me they don't know what to do with me or how to treat me! They just keep shoving MEDS and I'm getting worse. If you can't help me then how do I get my money back for this, as it's another hopeless answer and I'm just wasting away and not getting any better.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


Frustration I can understand.

First of all, we answer questions on this site. We do not diagnose or treat. We are not taking the place of your doctor.

You still have not asked me a specific question.

From what I can tell, you are asking, what do I do, where do I get help.

In conventional medicine it is going to be more of the same. Perhaps changing your meds.

However, underlying disease causes need to be addressed...and the MDs trained in this are often found at the institute of functional medicine.

You will have to work at your health, particularly with diet, but functional medicine doctors will help with that, and with addressing what underlying disease mediators need to be corrected, often with more natural therapies.

You can find a list of doctors on the upper right of the home page here, and their locations.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.