How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46286
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to have a complete exam. I am 55 years old this

Customer Question

I would like to have a complete exam. I am 55 years old this December. I weigh about 158 lbs, am 5'3" and very active ( pilates and walking and very active physically).
I get annual breast exams and skin exams. I have been diagnosed with osteopenia, and know that I have arthritic changes in my lower back facets, spine, neck and fingers. I have a family history of breast cancer ( mother and 3 sisters),thyroid disease (mother), colon cancer( paternal grandmother), heart disease and mild diabetes ( father). ADHD is also prevalent in my family ( all four of my children have been diagnosed; I believe I and my father have it as well).
I would like to ask for specific lab tests to be done so I cover everything possible to catch anything in its earliest stages, and am willing to pay if insurance does not. What would you suggest?
Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

we are here to answer medical questions. we can't examine you physically and we can't order medical tests.

you need a colonoscopy since you are over age 50 and also mammograms and pap smear exams.

you should get an annual chest xray as well.

and blood work to check your CBC and CMP and fasting cholesterol and fasting blood glucose levels and thyroid hormone tests as well. do you have a doctor you can see who can order these tests for you?