Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

This is a new thread

Customer Question
For Dr Shahzad: This is...
For Dr Shahzad: This is a new thread
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
9/18/2015
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What is your question?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Have you read any of my posts?

Not that I know of unless we have chatted in the past......

It's Adam, and I mean have you read my questions with other experts and I also have pictures that I posted
I need some help, for about 6-7 weeks now my tongue has been inflamed and both sides of my tongue have been sore and when I eat my tongue will burn at times and the back of my throat has been burning somewhat. I went to the doctor Friday and he checked my mouth and tongue and said it was inflamed tongue, he also checked my glands and lymp nodes and said everything felt normal to him. He prescribed me magic mouth wash and i started taking folic acid supplement on Sunday and he told me to to double up on my prevacid because about 2-3 weeks ago I had 2 episodes of extremely bad acid reflux, it almost felt like i was having a heart attack. The last couple of days it seemed to be getting a little better but now one side is getting very sore again and I have had these little white dots but like a couple on each side. Im worried that this will never go away and its some type of disease or something bad!!!

Hey Adam,

It has been a long time since we last chatted....You can ask for me anytime 'ya know :)

The little white dots are most likely your taste buds...This is normal and nothing to worry about.

Concerning your tongue, however, if things do not get better over the weekend I would suggest you have a dentist have a look. They are really the ones who know most about the mouth and tongue.

I am sure this will go away and it is not some horrible disease.......

Don't let your anxiety get the better of you....things will be fine.

Now, go out and enjoy a wonderful fall weekend, ok? OK.

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I did go to the dentist about two weeks ago, I have to go back because I have a cavity that may need route canal, and I have to see the periodontist to check my gums and the dentist told me I have some gingivitis and I need a deep cleaning, that being said this started before I went to the dentist
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD