How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Internist Your Own Question
Internist, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1066
Experience:  MD,MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Internist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an echocardiogram and was diagnoses with leaky

Customer Question

I had an echocardiogram and was diagnoses with leaky ventricles. I have had a small stroke with no repercussions I am on on aspirin and a statin. My G.P said not too do anything at this stage. Should I see a cardiologist
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.

Dear JA customer,

sorry to hear about your problem.

by leaky ventricles you mean leaky valves? like regurgitation?

and yes , you should see a cardiologist as management depends on degree of leakage, ventricular remodeling, assessed with echo cardiogram. so if anticoagulation with warfarin is needed or valve replacement is needed or no, and whether heart rhythm is fine or no.. ( h/o stroke prompts for all these test)

i hope this helps.

Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: