DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am trying to get an Adderall refill. I have lost my

Customer Question

I am trying to get an Adderall refill. I have lost my insurance and have not taken the medication in a few months but I felt better when I was using it and I didn't know if I could at least get a 1 month script online?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

That would be a felony

Eve for trying to do it.

And for any doctor doing that.

There are plenty of options to afford medical care now.

Have you looked into

healthcare.gov?

medicaid

other options?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't know there was something special about Adderall? It's not a pain pill or a narcotic and I have friends that tell me prescriptions can be written on line these days? Are they not telling the truth?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Adderral is an amphetamine and a controlled substance and can not be written on line\

Only a doctor that is taking care of you in person can do this.

You did not answer my question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The timing of my job loss and tax status makes Obama care unavailable.Since I own my house outright I am not eligible for medicaid in FloridaI cannot borrow against the house with no job.I'm trying to get a reverse mortgage but it is not so simple
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Those are not the only options.

First of all, clearly you have not spent time on healthcare.gov.

You would qualify for a low cost plan at this point.

OR, you could call your health department and find out where the neighborhood clinics are.

They charge based on a sliding scale.

Or, any teaching hospital will have a medical clinic which also charges on cliding scale.

You can NOT legally obtain such drugs on line, and it would be a felony in the US.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.