How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46937
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an accident in 1959 just after returning from Korea, I

Customer Question

Sir I had an accident in 1959 just after returning from Korea, I had a concussion and 44
stitches in my scalp unconscious for four days and three nights, discharged to duty 7 days later, no follow up and no treat.
Was diagnosed 3 months ago my local Neurologist as having Hydo from the accident.
I am having a lot of trouble navigating, and can not get any help from the local VA. and do not know what to do as I'm 81 and afraid to drive far from home.
any advice you could give me as what I should would be greatly appreciated .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

what diagnosis is hydo?

do you mean hydrocephalus.

you need to see a neurosurgeon to see if you need to have a ventricular peritoneal shunt which can help drain some of the excessive fluid out of the brain.

at your age of 81, you should have medicare insurance.

you should be able to see any neurosurgeon for your brain hydrocephalus issues.

have you consulted with a neurosurgeon yet?