DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I was taking norco 7.5 past 5 years, at 4 pills per day foot

Customer Question

I was taking norco 7.5 for the past 5 years, at 4 pills per day for chronic foot pain, my dr. Decided to stop abruptly, I feel terrible, can you explain?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically tramadol may provoke the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms in patients who are currently opiate dependent. Hence what you are presently experiencing are the withdrawal symptoms and also the common side effect (abdominal or stomach pain) of tramadol.

Take care.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I disagree that this is an answer.

Withdrawal can vary individual to individual.

It can be severe in some, and that is why we do not typically stop these abruptly.

Go to your doctor or the ER.

There are medications that can ease withdrawal, or a taper can be set up.

I am a double board certified US doctor and will be glad to answer further questions.

Find me, Dr. Thomas, by request anytime.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.