Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Im only 18 years old and I have swollen lymph nodes in neck

Customer Question

Im only 18 years old and I have swollen lymph nodes in neck and under jaw (they have been swollen for more than a year) and My sternum area crackles all the time when I'm breathing or even lift arms sometimes. I belive I have swelling in my arms too and a vein In my left arm and hand will inflate and deflate throughout the day I also may feel little bumps directly on my sternum and I feel like they are abnormal. I can push in on my chest and even arms sometimes and my chest will crackle even though I'm just pushing on my arms I also have swollen tonsils but those have been swollen for awhile too. When I push on my lymph node in my neck my chest crackles and there is even some lumps on my wrist, i burp alot but take rantidine to help for my acid reflux please respond ASAP
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Do you have fever , weight loss , loss of appetite ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no fever no loss of appetite but I have been currently trying to lost weight and have lost not much went from 170 to 155 and I had these same problems when I weighed 170
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Besides the vein popping which is new
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info ..

If you have no fever , weight loss then enlarge Lymph nodes are of no significance .

As you are obese and trying to loose weight , and acid reflux is common in that condition , second you seem to be little anxious and anxiety aggravate all problems .

Chest crackles could be because of acid reflux .

So relax .

And good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why are their lumps in my arms though and I can feel my heart beat off a vein in my head I'm very worried that it could be more serious
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

That Lumps are Lipoma and nothing need to worry for that , some peoples has such Lumps in whole body and they are not dangerous .

Regards .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but one last question why would My vein be Inlarged near these lumps directly ontop of my wrist sometimes but other times they are not and when I twist my back it cracks so do you still think that is my acid reflux
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Sometime lump displaces the vein from its original position and appears enlarge , which need no specific attention .

Second acid reflux is not the cause of this vein issue .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Veins have became more visible lately all the way from my shoulder to my hand it's not just one limpoma I have swelling all through my arm and abovd and between my shoulder blades
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why when I push on these lumps my chest crackles!
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Ok , if you have weight gain and such swelling then you should get Thyroid function test , sometime low Thyroid hormone is underlying culprit of all issues .

Regards .