Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Davidson - I have had multiple yeast infections over the

Customer Question
Hi Dr. Davidson - I...
Hi Dr. Davidson - I have had multiple yeast infections over the years and thought I had another. I had the typical symptoms, and had just finished a course of Bactrim for a bladder infection. I bought a 1 day course of Monistat containing a vaginal insert and topical cream. My MD also called in Diflucan. Now however, I'm wondering if I'm having a reaction to personal lubricant as after placing the insert, saying that I am beyond uncomfortable is an understatement. The burning and itching has magnified horribly. I do have a latex sensitivity.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes quite possible.

Since you already have latex sensitivity, you can be sensitive to any foreign substance.

personal lubricant is one of them.

That can cause recurrent yeast infections as well.

Allergy testing may help.

Here is a plan for recurrent yeast infections which work well.
1. You need to follow anti candida diet.
This diet consists of eliminating any sugar and simple carbs.
Your daily carb intake should be less than 60 grams daily.
You can eat high protein diet containing meat, chicken, turkey, shellfish, non-starchy vegetables, and certain nuts.
Avoid foods containing any type of yeast. This includes fermented foods such as bread made with yeast, cheese, tomato paste, mushrooms, and beer.
2. You can try a medication called Boric acid 600 mg vaginal suppositories daily for 2 weeks.
Boric acid works well in yeast infections resistant to fluconazole and other topical creams.
3. Certain natural supplements like garlic capsules 1 capsule twice daily, probiotics like Phillip's colon health may be helpful in developing natural immunity againt yeast infection.

4. Your partner also should follow similar diet plan and treated prophylactically with fluconazole to prevent any yeast infection.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist