How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18780
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a urinary track infection, now I can not ejaculate at

Customer Question

I had a urinary track infection , now I can not ejaculate at all , where can I go for treatment, I live in south florida
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It will help if you could provide some further information.

Do you mean that you are having an orgasm and no ejaculation?

Or do you mean that you cannot achieve an orgasm?

How long has it been since the infection?

What antibiotic was used to treat the infection?

How long was the antibiotic taken?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no , I am having no orgasm and no ejaculation
I believe about 3 months
I am not sure , did not keep information
3 days , cleared up the infection,
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the clarification.

If there is ongoing difficulty with achieving an orgasm following a urinary tract infection, the primary concern would be that the infection has settled into the prostate and is causing a mild, chronic infection. The prostate is difficult to penetrate with antibiotics, and short courses of antibiotics that may clear other urinary infections will not clear the prostate. It is also possible that the infection has damaged the nerves or blood vessels that serve the penis, but a prostate infection would be more common.

The diagnosis would be based on the findings on prostate exam and may require examination of fluid expressed from the prostate during the exam.

Most cases of prostate infections are managed by primary care physicians, but unclear cases or stubborn cases may require consultation with a Urologist, and there are many Urologists in South Florida. However, there is a web site that will allow you to enter your zip code and see the Urologists that are close to you. See

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

Please let me know if any further information would be helpful.