How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Internist Your Own Question
Internist, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1066
Experience:  MD,MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Internist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Doc, I keep having body pains for a very time. I have

Customer Question

Dear Doc,
I keep having body pains for a very long time. I have done virtually every medical test and all ok.
Am still confused
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.

Dear JA customer,

sorry to hear about your problem,

i am online today and will be happy to assist you .

diffuse body pains can be due to number of reasons, you have already undergone through routine tests ( almost all required as you say) , most likely cause is non-organic.

although it can be

thyroid homone problem, muscular problem. ( most likely you would have been tested for this by testing for tsh, and cpk level), viral infections including but not limited to hepatitis virus ( can sometime present like this)

it seems to be one of following reasons.

stress related. if you are excessively worried about anything or under a lot of stress, this can cause.

fibromyalgia ( especially if you have multiple tender / painful points on your body. this is a diagnosis of exclusion and respons to TCA s like amitryptyline.

chronic fatigue syndrome.

one very important thing you mentioned is that you are deficient in vitamin D. this vitamin deficiency can definitely and commonly cause symptoms you are experiencing. so you must replace vitamin D , and it can markedly improve condition.

what i recommend is following

replace your vitamin D.

do not hesitate to consult a psychiatrist because chronic pain often has underlying psychological cause. and relaxation techniques and therapies can work over sometime.

you can also consult a pain doctor.

and if it comes out to be fibromyalgia ( tender points with no other cause found), amytryptiline can help

Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.

if you have any futher question or if i could not answer your question, please do not hesitate to ask. thanks

Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.

and if you have any other symptoms beside pain / achiness , please list them