Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had 2 tubular adenomas (recto sigmoid, hot biopsy) removed

Customer Question
in Nov. 2013, the largest...
I had 2 tubular adenomas (recto sigmoid, hot biopsy) removed in Nov. 2013, the largest measuring 0.3 cm (1/8 inch) negative for high grade dysplasia. I am a 66 year old woman with no known history of bowel cancer although father died young of heart disease. I had an episode of fresh blood in my stool about a year ago. Took a occult stool sample subsequently which was negative. I have recently had a showing of fresh blood in my stool, none on tissue, in several spots. My question is I had planned to wait for 5 years for a repeat colonoscopy, is another one in your view recommended, is another occult blood screening sufficient or can the bleeding be sporadic. My understanding was that cancers from polyps develop slowly. Thank you for your attention.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2015
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I would have the repeat colonoscopy now.

There is no set time, and given any symptoms, it is now indicated.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Thank you

anytime

any questions

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician