Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

After having my 2nd child 10months ago i was told i have a

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** having my 2nd child 10months ago i was told i have a tbin uterus and if i was to have another child i have a high risk of tearing just wanting to know a little more info and what is a good time frame to start trying again
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.

Hi amanda, thanks for query.

If you have Tb of the uterus and proved on biopsy you must take its treatment first. As with tuberculosis of uterus your chance of conception decreases. There is six months to nine months treatment and you should not conceive till the end of treatment.As a general rule if you have c section then you have increase chances of tearing if you conceive earlier than 18 months of past c section. I would suggest you should get yourself thoroughly investigated for TB and get proper treatment and wait for another 12 months before trying again.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Wish you good health.