Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I am 31 years of age, and gave birth to my son 8 months ago.

Customer Question

I am 31 years of age, and gave birth to my son 8 months ago. I had a natural vaginal delivery, and I am still breastfeeding.
I had a stressful time around the birth and consequently have had some anxiety since then, however I'm not completely convinced that my current symptoms are a result of the anxiety.
I'm not sure whether this is related, but more and more of late, I have been noticing my body trembling. It feels as though my whole body is racing, and I become aware of my heart beat, which also feels fast. The trembles seem more apparent when I lay down to sleep at night.
I have also noticed my eyebrows becoming very sparse and almost disappearing altogether. The hair on my head is growing back very well (after pregnancy related hairloss). However my eyebrows are very bald, and getting worse by the day.
I visited my GP and had blood tests completed, and they showed slight hyperthyroidism. A scan on my thyroid showed some 'lumps and bumps' in the area, however a thyroid specialist was not concerned, and said that no action was required (just a follow up appointment a few months down the track to re-check blood work). I never asked him about my eyebrows unfortunately.
I have no history of any illnesses or disease. My sister has had thyroid cancer, but I understand this is not a genetic disease. My mother has also had cancer.
My GP is very good, but I'm sick of the constant visits to her, and I feel like she must think I'm looking to find something wrong with me.
I'd be grateful for your insight.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.

Hi there ...

Sorry to hear about your issues .

Hyperthyroidiam could be the reason of fast heart rate m tremors and other issues , but as you are younf female and such a rapid hair fall could be secondary to autoimmune disorders like SLE ( Lupus ) so it would be ideal for you to get autoimmune profile to rule out autoimmune disease as I mentioned , once it is ruled out then treating Hyperthyroidism will help you out to overcome issues , but other possibilities should be ruled out .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .