How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65276
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had episodes of diarrhea since end of april. My GP

Customer Question

I have had episodes of diarrhea since end of april. My GP eventually stopped it my an antispasmodic and yeast boullardi. He diagnosed irritated colon All July I was fine although I looked after myself, Then in August it all started again with trapped wind pain and occasional constipation. I have no fever. As I am at the moment living in Spain my GP along with most of the medical population have been on holiday. I have decided to get an appt. with a specialist. Is there anything I can do as home remedy. I continue to take the boullardi and have been taking very diluted Enos. 1 teaspoon every day. I hace stopped the anti spasmodic. The last week I have had regular bowel movements but I have a stinging discomfort in middle tummy. I also am sleeping bad and wake up at 2 or 3 am and cannot get to bed. Is there anything I can do until I get this appointment.I have had a few problems since I had a stressful period in my life when mparents and husband died closely together, but this episode st
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.


You need a colonoscopy.

This could be anything from diverticulosis to polylps

Or parasites.

A treatment depends on what the diagnosis is.

Home remedies for this situation included a cooked vegetarian diet, broths, cooked apples, and cooked garlic.

Peptobismal is the best all around over the counter remedy.

I suggest you talk with your doctor.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.