Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How can I qualify find a medical marijuana doctor in the

Customer Question

How can I qualify find a medical marijuana doctor in the state of Maryland?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

You cannot yet do this in Maryland.

Although Maryland has passed and signed the law that allows medical marijuana/cannabis, the state is still developing regulations and procedures for the implementation of the law. On the timeline on the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission web page (at http://mmcc.maryland.gov/pages/home/timeline.aspx), it is stated that it is anticipated that the Regulations will be able to be adopted next month. They will not be ready to start registries for physicians until the end of the year or early next year, and it is not expected that medical cannabis will be available for patients until the latter half of 2016.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

If there is any other information that would be helpful, please let me know.