DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Can i take 1mg of klonopin at say 8:00am before a dental

Customer Question

Can i take 1mg of klonopin at say 8:00am before a dental procedure then Ativan when I get to the appointment? I'm scared of the pain and really wanna be knocked out
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello

NO

Any such medication needs to be managed by your dentist and doctors.

The dentist might, for example, give you something that would interact with these meds.

Never, ever do this on your own, and make sure the doctor in charge is informed about all of your medications.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I need something I scared. They don't use laughing gas jus topically analgesic balm then inject a esthetics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello

I do not do phone calls.

We can not help you with the management of your dental procedure.

You need to tell the doctor about this problem.

Typically, dentist will have you start anti anxiety medicine in advance of the procedure.

And they will manage how much you take as you go.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.