How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18759
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in a motorcycle acc. In 2010 I have been in

Customer Question

I have been in a motorcycle acc. In 2010 I have been in chronic inabiltating pain since, I have no pelvic bone and after 17 surgery so, there's nothing no body can or will do. I remember in the hospital I would get a shot of dilatin and be out of pain for hrs,, I need major help I've been on everything, long lasting meds are a joke an the hydrocodone I get helps, but doctors hate to give it to me, I've been thinking on going on the pump, but if they don't use what works for me, that would be a waste of time,, I'm held together buy scar tissue. Very bad shape, don't know if I can live with this much pain very much longer, there has to be someone who can help me thanks roxanne
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that you are having so much pain and I agree that you need a doctor to care for this pain. However, it is unclear what question you are asking. What information can we provide that would be helpful?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
I had asked for some clarification of what information would be helpful and have not heard back, so will comment upon how you might be able to be tried on the medicine that was used in the hospital.
There is no medicine called Dilatin, but it is close to a medicine, Dilantin, which is a seizure medicine that also has been used for various conditions manifested as chronic pain. The type of doctor that would be most familiar with the use of Dilantin for relief of pain would be a Pain Management specialist. So, it would be appropriate for the next step to be an appointment with a Pain Management specialist for discussion of the use of Dilantin.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.